Wednesday, October 12, 2011

School, School, and More School!

I have updated my blog in about 2 months! A lot has been going on, and I'm excited to share! It's funny how so much can change in such a short period of time!

For starters, I'm in a Chemistry class that is taking up about...hmm.. ALL OF MY TIME! Everything is just so over my head, but the good news is, the studying has been paying off! I'm also in a Chemistry lab, Psychology, and American History! I'm maintaining a B in Chemistry, which I'm so happy about! I'm hoping to even boost that up to an A by the end of the semester.  I'm doing well in my other classes, too! Psychology has been so fascinating; I've even considered minoring in it.  We'll see ;)  This has probably been the hardest/most stressful semester yet, but I'm so thankful to even have an education! (And parents who pay for it)...I'm unbelievably blessed.

For those who do not know, I'm no longer waitressing! Long story short, it just wasn't the right fit for me. I'm slowly watching my bank account dwindle, which is frustrating, but I know it will all work out! So that means I'm on the job-hunt again. I'm hoping to find a less-stressful job doing office or receptionist work. If someone knows of any place hiring, please let me know :)

I have been so blessed by friends and family, especially lately! Just in the last few months, I have grown in several relationships. I've reconnected with a few old girlfriends & have been challenged by many conversations lately!  Also, I'm really excited about the small group I'm in. The first meeting was last week, and I'm already encouraged by these women.  I can't wait to see what God is going to do!

Josh and I are doing so great! I love that we are growing on a daily basis- together and separate.  God has taught us so much, and I'm thankful for our relationship! We just celebrated his birthday and our 3 year anniversary... Here's some pics:

Flying over Atlanta (Birthday gift for Josh)

Before Wicked (3yr Anniversary gift from Josh)

Dinner I made for Anniversary (Orange chicken and Fried Rice).. It came out GREAT! If you are interested, I will send you the recipe :)




We've had a few really fun dates recently! Once again, I'm so thankful for him!

God has been teaching me a lot lately. I've been thinking hard about what it really means to put God first. It's easy to hang on to the things of this world and worry about things that have yet to come... but all of that gets us nowhere.  When Christ is my sufficiency, that's a peace I wouldn't trade for anything.  Even in the midst of loss or suffering, CHRIST is our sufficiency.  I think of the story of Job.  He lost everything, but was faithful in his suffering.  That's who I want to be.  

Well, that's about it for now! Have a good week and weekend everyone... God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment